To give myself a bit of blogging structure, and to more publicly practice gratitude and take the time to enjoy (and share) life’s joys, large and small, I am going to start posting about five things each Friday. What kinds of things? Well, things I have been grateful for, things that have been meaningful or helpful to me (or just made me laugh), just . . . things that have made the past week lovely in some way. So, here goes:
1. This article on the daily habits of famous writers.
2. I was a bit shocked when I realized that one of my favorite Rihanna dance tunes (from a mix on Pandora) was called S&M. The subject matter may be unmistakable in the linked video, but I don’t always pay close attention to the words when just listening . . . Oh, well, sometimes even we good girls need to embrace our inner bad girl, even if it’s only for a few minutes of mid-day dancing. Warning: totally NSFW (not suitable for workplace viewing)
3. Speaking of my recently implemented mid-day dance parties, it is fortunate that I am home alone when I do this, since I am somewhat afraid I look like this dog while dancing. Only not as cute. And I do wear clothes.
4. I seriously am so excited that it is blood orange season. I can’t wait to make this fennel salad with blood oranges and arugula for dinner tonight.
5. Sticking with the cooking theme, I am also excited about making these salt and vinegar kale chips tonight, and I have the kale washed and drying on the counter as I write. I have seen a lot of recipes for kale chips, but I love the one from elana’s pantry for keeping the oil minimized and upping the tang factor with the apple cider vinegar.
And, as a bonus, a shout out to my new favorite app, Evernote. I kept seeing it on lists of “best apps” and downloaded it not knowing how I would use it. I have yet to come close to fully tapping its potential, but the more I learn and use it, the more excited I get about its organizational potential.
So, what has brought joy, inspiration, a laugh, a happy tummy, or organization to your week? Wishing you all a lovely start to your weekend!
P.S. Look at me! I learned how to imbed links! But I haven’t figured out how to keep the font of the link from being pink and huge. I will get that figured out by next week.